• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dual Alternators?

LOL Im putting my spare duramax alernator on this weekend along with the 2009 duramax town mirrors i got for dirt cheap :) I will post pics. I think its gonna look sick with the blinkin red arrow in my mirror

alternators008.jpg
alternators009.jpg
alternators010.jpg

All i can say is WOW what a change. The dual alternator set up has no problem keeping up with the draw form the fans and my lights. Now i can finnaly mount my bush bumper with my other 4 big lights :) And the new tow mirrors work great I can see so much more when im pullin my trailer. I highly recommend both of these mods. Building the brackets we pretty easy i just used some angle iron that was laying around the shop and got luck not even having to buy a different belt. The stock one works just fine. And i added a second bracket in the back for extra support.

Sure does look nice! How about a picture of the viewing face?

Do you log your mileage data? Curious if the dual alts will knock off a full MPG or not.

How did you wire up the plug for the dmax alternator??? i want to do the same thing to mne if i can get a hold of one for cheap, just need to know how the plug harness gets wired up. thank you

Easy there is olny like 2 wires. It's olny for the senser I believe. Then you hook up the positive to what ever battery u want it on. I have one alternator for each battery on my truck. The tricky part is lining up all the pullies to keep the belt from walkin off.

I dont think you need to hook those wires up at all. The unit is self regulating. the wires that come out of it are not for running the alternator, they are for the tachometer.

I dont think you need to hook those wires up at all. The unit is self regulating. the wires that come out of it are not for running the alternator, they are for the tachometer.

Yeah they are just for the senser, I figured i would put em in just to see what the guage is reading on the dash. It forsure changed.

One of the wires is for the tach, so you shouldnt splice that one in as they have different pulley sizes and windings sizes. Try removing both splices and see if your voltmeter insided still maintains the same higher voltage.

Did the Dmax even use that other wire for tach?

Back