• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dtc C101

FactoryMX

Mile High
Reaction score
im not sure if this is in the right place but i was sitting in my truck in park for about 5 minutes then the check ingine light came on which read C101 i looked in the book but there is no C101 code in there does anyone know what this code is?

I know P0101 is the MAF code.

just tryed googling it, cant find anything. But there is a C101 connector somewhere, but that wouldnt trip a CEL or set off an Error code.

thats also what i tried. hopefully someone knows. im gonna be towing 11k from NY to PA soon so i wanna make sure its nothing i should be concerned about

sometimes you get freak codes.

On our 02 I got codes that basically meant the motor was blown. There were 6 codes that were VERRRY bad. Cleared them, havent come back sincce.

Are you sure you got the code right? (prefix and number) because accordin to service information there is no C101 DTC. It does not exist. Check again and let me know.

Molst times a "C" code will not trip a CEL, they will trip the ABS indicator. Or display "Service Brake System" or something of that nature.

it was exactly c101 i found a thread were mcrat got that code along with a couple others when he limped his tranny but my tranny is fine shifts perfect and it didnt go into limp mode so i still have no idea what it is for

Thats strange. I'll do some more checking tomorrow and see if i can come up with anything.

It's an ECM error. I got it twice after flashing when I had my PPE Hot +2. The answer I got from PPE was a communication error. They said to clear it and everything was fine.

-Kyle

Back