• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DS4 IP extended warranty?

Bernie

Amateur Radio Operator - KJ4VOV
Reaction score
I've read elsewhere that GM extended the warranty on the DS4 IP to 11 years or 120k. That same source said the warranty starts from when it's "first put into service", but doesn't specify if they mean the vehicle or the pump itself. Anyone know?

This is a semi-critical bit of info for me because I'm looking at possibly having to replace my IP soon, and my truck is more than 11 years old but... GM replaced the original pump back in '02, '04 and '08, according to the VIN check service on this site (thankyouthankyouthankyou for that service!)

So, if the extended warranty is on the pump itself, I'm golden. If it's on the truck... :(

Found my answer... It applies to the vehicle and the warranty, at least on my truck, expired last August. :(

Had I known about it last year I would have made use of it when my PMD failed in January of 2010

Back