• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Drop / Rise Hitch

BigDogYJ

Reaction score
So I've always wondered about these drop hitches. I see standard ones about 2-2 2/2" drop or 1/2" rise. I'm assuming they are claiming you can use it either way by flipping it upside down. Is this recommended to run it upside down? It seems to me that it wouldn't be as strong, unless Im just paranoid.
Any thoughts or facts?

its just the same running it either way....the stress points are the same on take off and on braking..... I don't see what the difference would be

OH come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! going both ways 20 minutes of this thread and no one has cracked a smart ass comment....:smilielol5:

Anyway I have used my trailer hitch in both directions... No problems yet....

I had thought about making the jokes but I got in trouble a while back for "Not be a contructive member of the forum" and asked to back off so I need to keep my comments to a minimum.....but I will get one in once and a while....LOL.... BTW clark20ry...give me a call, I need to ask you a question...number is below

Cool I did participate with the rude comment... I will call on the way home about 1/2 hr.....

ok. cool. Thanks for the info. I just never knew if they were designed to be used like that, or if people were just doing it for the hell of it.

Thanks.

ok. cool. Thanks for the info. I just never knew if they were designed to be used like that, or if people were just doing it for the hell of it.

Thanks.
Nope, same strength, just depends on Height. The nice thing about the new Torklift Superhitch is that it has 2 receivers, so on a single hitch the height is adjustable. Our horse trailer always sat front high, now just put the receiver in the bottom slot and it is nice and level.

Back