• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Driver Side Power Window

Rodd

Recruit
Reaction score
The driver side power window on the suburban died in the down position. My son said intermittently it has been stopping just shy of the top but not the bottom. When it was working I didn't hear it bogging down. It worked properly. Wondering if it could be the switch and not the motor. As I'm typing this I just realized I can try the one out of my sierra since I'm still in the rebuild of the engine. That's a quick check. If it works great if it doesn't it's most likely the motor. Any thoughts?

The motors very seldom go bad. I'd try the switch first. The motor reverses polarity for up and down so if that doesn't work you can pull the door panel and unplug the wiring from the motor and hook a battery or jump pack directly to it, try both ways and if it works the problem is in the wiring or the switch. If nothing happens it's the motor.

The motors very seldom go bad. I'd try the switch first. The motor reverses polarity for up and down so if that doesn't work you can pull the door panel and unplug the wiring from the motor and hook a battery or jump pack directly to it, try both ways and if it works the problem is in the wiring or the switch. If nothing happens it's the motor.
Yup, that was going to be my suggestion, jumper wires and a 12 volt source. Unplug the switch, check for which wire is hot going to the switch and jumper off of that wire.
You might want to hook up a reliable ground source to the door switch connector ground wire too, just in case the there is an issue with a broke grounding wire.

Back