• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good quality motion sensor light for above t

They are all the same. Try Home Depot or Lowes and get a complete kit and install it. They work just as good as the kits bought at the electrical supply houses.

I've decided to use Solar LED motion lights.

Any in particular anybody would recommend?

I've had piss poor luck with outdoor lights in general. The only one I've had working consistently is the cheapest piece I ever bought

The ones at lowes that I installed on 5 locations(my house) all crap out and stay on after a year and a half. I used to work threre and their supplier is cooper or a subsidiary of. Seeeing they don't mind screwing out of 39 bucks a piece, I eat the labor get news ones and give them the old ones back and reinstall. They get credit RTV and pitch them in the crusher. Watching this thread to see if anyone makes a light with a reliable sensor. How is it the light sensors on our daytime running lights never fail, is the quality that bad on home products?

The ones at lowes . . . all crap out and stay on after a year and a half. I used to work threre and their supplier is cooper or a subsidiary of.

Interesting experience . . .

Am a little over a year into my Cooper sensors and so far am liking the switch away from the Heath Zenith's.

Used to love Heath Zenith equipment, but seems like over the past 5 years the quality has really gone down and the recent purchases either lasted a year until the unit went nuts where they would stay on all the time or not at all; also, they got so sensitive to any air movement that a mosquito passing gas would turn on the lights.

The Cooper units that I have are working like they should, but I still have one location that seems prone to wind turning on the lights (or perhaps the racoons are messing with me :) )

Back