• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Do you think it matters?

Big White

Reaction score
I know on our LBZ's, near the fuel cap it mentions to use "low" sulfur diesel fuel. Most stations around here offer the "ultra" low sulfur diesel. I have used both for who knows how long...just wondering if I should try and make it a point to get the "low" sulfur diesel if possible?

Secondly, I run stanadyne perf. blend every tank now, too...the bottle says it's formulated for "ultra" low sulfur diesel. Any concerns with running "low" sulfur diesel fuel with stanadyne performance additive?

Thanks in advance.

I wish I could still get LSD but there hasn't been any around for a couple of years, just ULSD. I wouldn't worry about it but if you can find LSD go for it because it has more cetane and better natural lubricity. I am not familiar with the Stanadyne additive but I'm sure it will work with either. I use the 2 Power Service products year round and am happy with them.

other than rob you of some power, mpg, and lubricity....ultra low will not have any ill effect on your truck....if I ran low sulfer in my lmm insted of ultra low I would have some issues.......also as far as I am aware low sulfer should be hard to come by....all stations by now should only have ultra low...

Back