• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Disable Event Data Recorders (EDRs).

cbrew2001

Duramadness
Reaction score
Has anyone disabled their Event Data Recorder or know if you can without screwing things up? I just don't feel comfortable with that black box in my truck after reading how its been used to send driver to jail after an accident.

I would rather loose the airbags then the privacy. None of my other duallies ever had airbags anyhow, my last 97 Chevrolet dually didn't have them and I never seem to miss them.

In that case, it's under the drivers seat, just unplug it and it's dead.

Most effective automotive occupant safety deviced to date-----seat belt

Build a little incendiary device with a little thermite and a couple relays... quick press of a button and EDR's gone.

Realistically, someone will be made very rich when they start selling aftermarket airbag control modules that do not include event data recorders...

Build a little incendiary device with a little thermite and a couple relays... quick press of a button and EDR's gone.

Realistically, someone will be made very rich when they start selling aftermarket airbag control modules that do not include event data recorders...

There you go let the airbag be the trigger. ):h

Back