• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dirt drag racing tire, size, and pressure

03demax

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting into dirt drag racing like they do down at the Buck.
I would like to know what you would recomend for tires and what size would hook good in the dirt. Also a good air pressure.

Are you gonna run the tires just in the mud or all the time? If your driving on the street to. Id go with a set up pro comp x-terrai or xtreme mud would be a decent road and mud tire. Possibly a mickey thompson baja claw would be decent to. IMO if your gonna race it the dirt a widder tire would be better. Maybe a 285/70/16 something shorter and wider. I'd also have to say 25-30psi so the tire formers better and gets better grip.

If your getting tires and running them only in the dirt then you might want something more aggressive like super swampers. A buddy of mine bought a jeep that was built to drag race. They always put bigger tires on the fron than on the back so the front would help pull the back along.

I would try and go with something a little wider then your normal 16in. tire. Perhaps a 10in. to 12in. rim.

Back