• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DIC question without buttons

chrisk1500

Reaction score
A quick question about my new LMM.

This truck does not have the DIC buttons (on of the few options the truck does not have). I have to use the odometer reset stick to scroll the message center.

Because of this, the truck does not display the fuel mileage information. I know that they are not terribly accurate, but it is information that I would like to have.

Is there a quick easy way to access that information or would I have to convert the truck to the DIC with button layout?

Thanks,

Chris

Read on the old site that I can just replace the panel with the DIC buttons and PRESTO!

Gonna give it a shot....

Bought the new trim piece with the DIC buttons and it worked like a charm! Gotta love GM's lazy ass engineers....same harness in all the trucks....

hahah. yah that is good information to know. i got the same setup of having to use the stick to scroll thru all the info. did u get the new parts thru gm or is there after market parts available to do this that are a little less expensive

I bought the part from GM. It cost $100 up here in Canada. You can probably get it from GMPartsDirect for a bit cheaper...

Definately worth the money! Gives you access to more options than just the tach stick...

Bought the new trim piece with the DIC buttons and it worked like a charm! Gotta love GM's lazy ass engineers....same harness in all the trucks....

Ways for Gm to save, make money!:thumbsup:

Remember back in the day a rear bumper was an option not mandatory equipment.

P/N is 19159438

It is a complete replacement trim piece that has the cutout for the DIC buttons. The DIC buttons are also included in the package as well.

You simply pull out the old trim piece, remove your light switch from it by releasing the tabs, put the switch in your new trim piece, install the DIC puttons into the new trim piece, plug in the light harness and the DIC harness and then push the new trim piece into position....dead simple...I did mine in the dealership parking lot in about 2 minutes....

Pics are not needed with this mod....way too easy to do...

Back