• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DIC pessimistic.

cgreen

Recruit
Reaction score
Just filled up my truck and got 18.1 mpg for the whole tank of mixed driving. DIC was showing 16.6 so I was pleasantly surprised. Makes me want to buy a Predator and get a 4 inch MRBP turbo back and see if I can beat it. Best with the Predator was 19 interstate only. The fact that a 7400 pound dually can get this kind of mileage still amazes me. :driving:

That's surprising. Most of the time the DIC will give you a false reading towards the over positive side. You'll be getting real world 15 mpg, and the DIC will be telling you that you're getting about 19 mpg or more. So good for you. Always something to be proud of to have a truck that size get good mileage that you are.

Ya some say the DIC is way off and some say its dead on! In the next week or so I'll have to test the MPG's. Im going on a trip so I can tell for sure. My fuel used is usually dead on. I took my truck to florida a little over a year ago and wanted to pay cash for fuel. I started out with fuel to the gas cap. Id take the amount the DIC said and and multiply it buy the fuel cost. Then pay. With that I could see fuel in the tube every time. I was impressed.

Getting the add ons is defiantyl worth it. Takes a little of the sting out of the price of fuel. :rolleyes5:

The MPG part of the DIC is way off on mine, with having the Preditor turned up, I will only go by my hand caculated numbers. But as for the gallons of fuel used option, it's pretty damn close. Within .5 gallons to right on. I fill it up all the time to the top of the fuel tank neck.

I have 37's and truck is programmed for 34.75. Every 20 mi. on th odo, actually go 21. Mpg with PPE on 90, DIC mpg has been within .7 gallons everytime. Usually used 1-2more gallons than dic also. On the 160 tune, I see more margin of error from the dic.

Back