• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Design for hubcentric 8 to 10 lug adapters

03WIDEMAX

BFT
Reaction score
Does anyone have a design for 8 to 10 lug adapters? I'm considering puting a set of 22.5" Alcoa's on my truck. I have access to a machining center and I thought it would be interesting to create them myself. They run anywhere from $650 to $900 all over the web. Maybe someone has done this before? I think I would need the following:

Dimensions
Material type and hardness
Stud diameter and length as well as hardness

Thanks!

Attachments

• c369_2.jpg
    c369_2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 12
I know that many people are using these 8 to 10 adapters with no problems, but I've seen and read about too many adapter failures for me to want to use them on my equipment. One failure is one too many for my comfort.

Unless you have a lot of experience making this type of equipment yourself, I would be very skeptical to use a Do-It-Yourself adapter. Commercial manufacturers go through many FMVSS certification tests before they can sell their adapters to the general public. There is too much at stake. Not only would I worry about my safety and my family's safety, but the liability risk is huge if anyone else gets hurt as a result of a failure. A few years ago, a woman was killed on I-696 in Michigan when a wheel broke lose from a truck, bounced across the median and hit her car on the driver's door.

I would dare to say that you are probably not going to save enough to make it worth your while, considering what's at stake.

If I ever decide to go with commercial type tires and wheels, I would probably go with Rickson 19.5" wheels. They are available in forged aluminum or steel for 8 lug hubs and appear to be quite strong.

Back