• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

D/A LBZ Chassis cab capability questions

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Right now I have another thread going in the LBZ section asking if a LBZ Duramax/ Allison would meet or exceed the durability, reliability, and low end power requirements set by my boss' current 03 D/C 6 spd QCLB 3500 DRW 4x4.

Everyone says yes, but they are concerned if the chassis will hold up. I figured It would be best to ask in the hot shotting area, rather than general towing, since you hot shotters would be more apt to see these weights. the weights and other figures are in the thread listed at the bottom of this current post.

So I was wondering, would there be any issue with the chassis holding up structurally on a true 34" railed Chassis cab with length capabilities for an 11ft flatbed?

I think if a dodge 3500 that started life as a pickup is holding up well for him, than a duramax chassis cab would suit him fine. am I right in thinking this, or would this truck not handle it?

All the job specs lie within this thread:
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?p=251969#post251969

I dont mean this to come out wrong but do you not have any faith in GM trucks? Its not exactly a Geo tracker you know.

I have plenty of faith in GM trucks, actually out of light duty trucks, I have the most faith in GM trucks. but I am worried about using a light duty truck in a position where a medium duty truck is the best suited for the task. so i thought i would see if anyone has hot shotted with one.

Im sure it will be fine, but one still wonders since one is exceeding the combination weight rating by quite a bit.

I have plenty of faith in GM trucks, actually out of light duty trucks, I have the most faith in GM trucks. but I am worried about using a light duty truck in a position where a medium duty truck is the best suited for the task. so i thought i would see if anyone has hot shotted with one.

Im sure it will be fine, but one still wonders since one is exceeding the combination weight rating by quite a bit.

Why can't I think of the guy's name...there was a guy on...the other site that had a 3500 dually LBZ; put, I think, over 250K on it delivering RVs. haulin_rv, that was his name!

There's another guy in...Oregon I think, he has a CC/LB with a BIG gooseneck trailer, licensed for about 36k GCWR.

YEAH! Your bossman will be fine with what you're looking at.

Or talk to Rick Lance. He has or had a fleet of 5 or so, ranging from 03-05's I think. And he racked up ridiculous amounts of miles on his.

Remember also the cab and chassis frame is stronger than a regular frame. Ive got extra support rails running along my frame.

Attachments

• img062.jpg
    img062.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 3
This is assuming your talking about a true cab and chassis truck. Not to go off topic but This makes a difference too...... rear swaybar and aux tank. Thanks GM :)

Attachments

• img061.jpg
    img061.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0
  • img068.jpg
    img068.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
Back