• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CUCV lighting problem

Acesneights1

Reaction score
Was driving the CUCV tonight and every light in the truck went out. Head lights, tail lights brake lights turnsignals, interior lights. everything else worked like wipers and heater. The blackout light switches are missing. Then when I got home they started working again. I don't know much about the wiring in these truck but does the Blackout lights somehow kill every light in the truck ? Would the switches missing cause what happended ? Are they on a resttable breaker ?

Some headlight switches have a bimetal strip that kinda acts like a circut breaker. When things cool off it starts working again.

I lost everything, Tailights, stop lights, signals, 4 ways , int light. Gotta be something to do with whoever butched the Blackout lights switches form my truck. Hopefully the new ones will get here soon so I cna try to figure it out. No fun when that happended. It was pitch black and I did'nt have a single light at all. I posted over at Steelsoldiers. Hopefully someone has a schematic.

Jeez, Kenny... there's nothing wrong with your lights. Y'all went BLIND for a minute! (or had yourself a little nap)

(or maybe the UFOs went overhead... I hear that makes things get dark, too :D)

Get it fixed Kenny? I have a buddy with a bunch of theses, Im sure he has manuals, he is out of town untill the 18th though

Not yet. Juts got the switches. I have to wire them back in and see what happens. Right now the CUCV is my only wheels. The Lemon is dead in the driveway.:mad:

Back