• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cruise Control Module '97 Vortec 350

83GMCK2500

Reaction score
So it's going out on my cousin's truck, the dealership wants like $250 for the thing if not more. As you go up even the slightest grades it can't hold the cruise. Truck has more than enough power, my right foot gets it up the hill in reasonable fashion, but the cruise can't anymore. There is a module on eBay for $99 that has AC stamped on it, like Delco parts do, I was wondering if that seems reasonable to anyone else?

Huh thats strange. I bought a chevy malibu with cruise problems. First I thought it was the brake switch because if you just touched the pedal the cruise would shut off. I replaced that and it still would shut off! It ended up needing a module.

Is the one on ebay used? If so I wouldnt bother with ebay for someting like that. Id call a few salvage yards and see if they have the part.

Huh thats strange. I bought a chevy malibu with cruise problems. First I thought it was the brake switch because if you just touched the pedal the cruise would shut off. I replaced that and it still would shut off! It ended up needing a module.

Is the one on ebay used? If so I wouldnt bother with ebay for someting like that. Id call a few salvage yards and see if they have the part.

Great idea with the salvage yards. I agree.

Back