• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Combining in the modern world...

The harvest is on. We've got some great looking corn and beans still in the fields around here. Best I've seen in years. I think they're waiting on them to dry out some more.

We're hearing Ohio is the garden spot this year. Iowa and Illinois will still outyield everyone overall but we were hit with too wet early summer at pollination and then extremely dry at pod and kernel fill time. Still very dry now.

In the days of 3 dollar corn we are most concerned with upkeep costs. Among many reasons, lower upkeep and lower loss is why we run Silver Savers. They are P400 reliability and GMT400 comfort. :)

As far as crop this year, we were looking amazing till the rains quit in august, so we are still going to have a decent crop, but not as good as it could have been. luckily we only plant 10-12K population, so we dont have a small fortune out there in seed.

That is big time farming and equipment right there. I only see that in the eastern part of the state, its small fields here, but forestry and logging is pretty big here though.

You guys mentioned it being dry, the last rain we got was when the far outer bands of Irma came through and that was only about a quarter of an inch. Grass is starting to turn brown here in places, fire danger season is about to kick in.

I have a good friend that does over 7K acres of beans, corn, etc. It's amazing the technology these machines have. Full GPS, etc.

Back