• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

cold flow

Drago

Reaction score
I've been having some problems recently and it was obviously temp related, The WVO I have has a lot of animal fats in it, I'm going to try an experiment by putting the tank pickup line right next to the return line inside a jar inside the tank, the theory being as the engine warms up the fuel manager will squirt in warmed up BioD. If that doesn't work then I'll have to pour in more DinoD

clicky on pic
cold flow BioD.jpg

http://pubs.ext.vt.edu/442/442-880/442-880.html

Attachments

• ~$ld flow.doc
    162 bytes · Views: 3
What happens if your away from 120v.
The coolant heated pick up always worked great for me.

The plan is drop the hot iron in, start it, load all my stuff in the back and drive to Texas

Wood stove iron, just drop it in and drive non stop in a southerly direction until the weather warms up, just like the Canadians

Gonna try Technol "Biodiesel B-100 Cold Flow Improver" we're going to have a couple of warm days (60s-70s) which gives me time to empty the tank of my diesel/Kero/Bio/Kleen concoction and see if I get that BioD to work.

I saw from your other post that the Technol helped, but didn't really solve the problem. Leroy is right, why not install a hot fox? Easy to plumb, no negatives to running one. You still could have starting problems, but at least once running you'd be fine.

There just isn't enough return fuel on a 6.5 to make much difference, and I bet it's cool by the time it reaches the tank.

Final comment, find a cleaner source of wvo!

Back