• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cold air inlet mod

chrisk1500

Reaction score
Here is a mod for getting more cold air to your air filter (not proven of course - just theory ;))

The cold air setup from GM has the air drawn in through the passenger side fender. The air enters the fender from the passenger side signal/parking light. The space for the air to get through is relatively small. To remedy this we need to open up the inlet.

1. Take out the passenger side signal light.

2. take a dremel and trim the black 'ring' surrounding the light.

3. Reinstall.

Pic one shows the air intake with the light removed. Pic two shows the inlet more clearly. Pic three shows the modded light. Pic four shows the installed light.

Attachments

• DSC02255.jpg
    DSC02255.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC02256.jpg
    DSC02256.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC02253.jpg
    DSC02253.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC02257.jpg
    DSC02257.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 183
Nice Chris!

I went with a piece of punch-steel with little O's in it that are close together from Home Depot and mounted the lightbulb behind it to open the whole thing up. Then at Tim's urging I put in a plastic divertor in case water gets in. (Cuz we get so much in the high desert) :smilielol5:

If you show me how to measure the improvement - I will try and test it for you....

Nice work Chris.. pleased to see i`m not the only one getting cold fingers,it looks like this Mod was done in the snow...
/Paul

Back