• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L Cloyes Timing chain and gears C-3097

My wife took the rear end gears we sent to the post office and the cheapest the postmaster could come up with was maube $67 or so. I think it would have fit in a 15 x 15" box
Yeah. It is almost cost prohibitive to use just any box and mail an item.
I had four paintings that I wanted to send to the grandchildren in Alaska. That was a big bulky package. I had the local shipping store box and mail it. After paying for them to box it, the postal was just under $140.00. They also checked with Fedex and UPS, the cheapest one of those two was $100.00 over what the USPS was.
USPS most always gets my shipping business.

on the click n ship site you can sign up for an online account free and have them mail you the boxes for free! I used to do that in my ebay selling days! fedex will do the same. just print out your shipping labels on regular paper and tape them to the box then drop them off at the PO or fedex place.

easy packing material is to put the item inside a walmart bag, then get ya a can or two of the expanding foam. spray into the box just a bit. place the item bagged inside then spray and let it expand up. chop off the excess from the top and seal up the box. makes dam good packing material but the person getting it might have a hellofa time getting the item unboxxed

Back