• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cleaning Engine

trailshredder

Reaction score
My truck can from the east coast and has a lot of oxidization on the engine and engine components. Kind of a white scally look. Has anyone found a good way to clean this up?

Try covering the electornics with plastic bags, and spray Simple Green liberally on the cold engine compartment. Wash it off with a garden hose, and wipe everything dry with rags or paper towels.

I actually use a product called Purple Stuff. It is a degreaser and the best one I have found. Biodegradable too. I usually leave the engine running and wet it down first, then librally apply the degreaser. Use a water nozzle with a shower setting so as not to force water into anything. I then use a brush to clean the areas I can get to. Then rinse thoroughly.

What about sand and dirt? I have a lot of dirt on top of my engine due to the little bit of muddin done after a rain storm. Rains about 3 times a year where the road around base get's good and muddy. Is it ok to use a garden hose with no pressure to rinse off the engine, and then just give it time to dry? Seeing some rust on pulley bolts, but figure a wire brush, or a greenie meanie can take care of that.

Back