• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

cleaning a CD disc fingerprints ????

schiker

Reaction score
I tried to copy a CD disc and it is a little used/dirty. It seemed to be working but couldn't find a file then seemed to bog down and quit copying. I am hoping it is just from smudges or fingerprints ???? Its fairly big data files, PDF's, presentations, and some video etc etc.

Can I clean it with windex or simple green and try again? what are good products to clean it with andy NO-NO's ?

If the disc isn't working at all and is otherwise a loss, you can sometimes "polish" it as a last ditch effort with toothpaste.

They have Machines that will take the Scratches Out for you. They have them at Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Yes, they do Work. I have 1 and have Used it many Times.

Don't be afraid though when you are Done Using it, the Disc will Look and be more Scratched than it was when you put it In the Machine, but it will Work 100%. I thought I did something Wrong and Killed the Disc, but that's just how the Machine Works.

Back