• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Chevy/Cummins AutoWorld mounts

M.Kasperan

Reaction score
How are the Auto world cummins motor mount for the Chevy / Cummins swap? I'm just wondering what's the best way to go as far as mounts. I do NOT want to put a body lift on my truck (98 GMC CC SRW 8ft bed). Just wondering how other feel about their mounts. Are there others you've had good luck with? Thanks for the help Mark

Autoworld mounts are among the best there is.
One of the nicest and best people to deal with too!

Thanks have you used their stuff before? Are their mounts true bolt up type thing or is there some engineering that has to be done? I main reason for asking is I want to pull the cab off, remove the 5.7,trans and transfer case all at once. Bolt in the mounts and the Cummins, NV4500 and the transfer case then put the cab back on. I was hoping not to have to pull the motor in and out a bunch of times. Plus with the lift it would make pulling the cab so much faster.

I would be shocked if the mounts work without the need for a lift kit. I did a Cummins 6bt in basicaly the exact truck as yours.
I made my own mounts and needed slight oil pan mods and have to drop front diff 2".

Yes, I have used them. The mounts come with instructions, and a template on where to drill holes, and drop the engine right in.
They send detailed pics on what to break, grind, and torch. And if you have any questions, they are more than happy to help you out!
It takes a bit of "engineering" as it is TIGHT.

I did a 97 suburban, and it looks like the engine came there factory!

Yes, I have used them. The mounts come with instructions, and a template on where to drill holes, and drop the engine right in.
They send detailed pics on what to break, grind, and torch. And if you have any questions, they are more than happy to help you out!

2wd or 4x4? Did it need a lift?

That's what I've heard but I wanted some first hand info. I don't mind fabing stuff but as far as timing with the lift buying mounts might be best for me. The lift isn't mine and it's in a working shop so pulling the cab and stuff would have to be done in a weekend time frame. Maybe I'll just call them. Sometimes when you call places they only tell you what you want to hear. Thanks for the info. Any pics of your build?

That's what I've heard but I wanted some first hand info. I don't mind fabing stuff but as far as timing with the lift buying mounts might be best for me. The lift isn't mine and it's in a working shop so pulling the cab and stuff would have to be done in a weekend time frame. Maybe I'll just call them. Sometimes when you call places they only tell you what you want to hear. Thanks for the info. Any pics of your build?

There really isn't a need to lift the cab... unless you just want to make it really easy!
Call autoworld. They'll help you get what you need. They have done it so many times, and know just exactly what goes where!

4x4... no lift.

I did mention it is TIGHT, didn't I? !!!

No pics as it is... well... ongoing project that the customer hasn't paid for yet. So here it sits.

You must have moved the trans/tcase back then? That means drive shaft mods also. What engine adapter did you use?

OK, that makes since then. I used the bread truck adapter witch is thicker (I think). When I did mine I did not want to move the trans & have to do drive shafts too, but looking back I would rather try that next time than to have to mod oil pan/drop diff.
On a 95+ the shifter is cable so one less thing to mod. 94- is rigid linkage and would be harder to ajust/mod for.

Back