• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Chassis Cab receivers

The Reese Class V Titan and Putnam Class V XDR, they are not listed online but you can ask for them at the store.

if you don't mind me asking, around how much did you pay?

Also, is there any other options? definitely considering 2.5" receiver.

Torklift Superhitch, FTW!! I'm LOVING IT. Well worth the $500 for the peace of mind and the ability to adjust height. I put the horse trailer on the bottom reciever and it sits nice and level.
This is the highest load rated receiver I've seen. (15,000 lbs dead weight / 17,000 lbs with a WD hitch)

One nice thing about it is that it has 2 inch receivers, so it is much easier to find drawbars and hitches that will work with it.

http://www.torklift.com/p.php?w_page=superhitch

Stock spare, it didn't hit it going on, but we haven't dropped the spare either. I noticed today that we can't slide our tri ball hitch in on the top due to the design, but all of our trailers sit low anyways, so it isn't a big deal, we just use the bottom reciever. The instructions are worthless, however. Make sure you get the proper trailer wiring adapter mount, because we got the wrong one in ours, i have no idea why. I just called, and the gal had me send pictures and they mailed me the correct one in like 4 days.

EDIT: No issues with spare, although it took me banging on the tire to get it to dislodge from the mount, and it almost fell on my hand, LOL. And i didn't know the tools were in such a weird place on CC's. FYI, it's behind the 60 part of the seat, and you have to flip up the carpet covered piece from the back, and there it is.

Last edited:
Stock spare, it didn't hit it going on, but we haven't dropped the spare either. I noticed today that we can't slide our tri ball hitch in on the top due to the design, but all of our trailers sit low anyways, so it isn't a big deal, we just use the bottom reciever. The instructions are worthless, however. Make sure you get the proper trailer wiring adapter mount, because we got the wrong one in ours, i have no idea why. I just called, and the gal had me send pictures and they mailed me the correct one in like 4 days.

EDIT: No issues with spare, although it took me banging on the tire to get it to dislodge from the mount, and it almost fell on my hand, LOL. And i didn't know the tools were in such a weird place on CC's. FYI, it's behind the 60 part of the seat, and you have to flip up the carpet covered piece from the back, and there it is.

is there a chassis cab, in your life, just waiting to grace your signature?:D):h

are you guys talking pickups or chassis cabs as far as this hitch? i didn't notice any chassis cab apps on either of those links. darn expensive, but looks nice!

No, we're talking about my dad's truck in my sig, sorry for going off topic. RayMich, if you want to know more, PM me.

thats ok, do u think the one for 2500HD, 3500 C/K would fit a half ton? not that im thinking of something......:rolleyes5::nono:

I better just go w/ a 10K/1K bearing, 12K/1.2K weight distributing ACME hitch, made in Kansas City, available at local farm and ranch store in NW KS for 140 bucks!:eek:(sounds nicely priced, compared to other hitches, looks to be of good quality as well, nice welds, completely bolt on too! this is for peace of mind, mind you. 10K trailers are better left to the one ton!:smile5:)

This thread is kinda for my chassis cab 1-ton. although that hitch you posted up makes me wonder if the frame holes are the same on 2500HD/3500 and 1500s therefore i could put a big heavy hitch on my half ton.

I am thinking that this might work, because that acme hitch i am looking at supposedly fits all C/K from 88-98 (as long as there is no drop bumper) i guess i should stick with my decision to buy the acme, since it is cheaper, and the 1/2 ton does not need a super heavy hitch (or much money thrown at it either, the money needs to go toward a 6.5L rebuild)

Back