• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CDR delete?

6chevy9

Reaction score
i noticed this on someones sig on sixfivediesel.com i belive it was. it said CDR delete? is there any benefit to this? or a how to maybe?

6.2 had it to the intake too, the only thing different is where it pulls the vapor from. 6.2 pulled it from oil fill tube and 6.5 moved it to the valve cover. Perhaps engineers thought that too much pressure would build in that specific area of the engine. Prior to that people didnt have CDRs or PCV, and engines still did just fine with breathers on each valve cover. It was done as an emissions reduction, although older cars probably did have a lot more oil leaks, so its benefit is two fold. It really cleaned up the air around Los Angeles too.

And as engines get older and blow-by inreases this would end up making quite a mess. At least when its going into the intake the mess is minimal. I guess its hard to use the turbo/intake as a vacuum source, but not have the vapors go into the the intake.

I use to live in LA around 1990... There was an orange glow to the sky.

Back