• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Carnage anyone?

bk95td

6.5 nut job/addict
Reaction score
I took some pictures of the inside of the 6.5 in my latest parts truck.The truck is a 93 k3500 ex-cab lb. 220,000 miles. The engine is a 506 block w/ 5/8" oil cooler lines [1/2 npt threads in block]. Not the original engine obviously. The head gasket on the passenger side has a very big piece missing. The rocker arm plastic guide buttons were melted. #7 piston is melted down to the top compression ring. #3 and #6 pistons have dents in the tops of the pistons from what looks like glow plugs that had broken off. No marks on the heads or vissable cracks. I haven't taken the turbo apart yet to see the aluminum coating it should have. How hot do you suppose this one got?

Attachments

• IMG_0107_1.JPG
    IMG_0107_1.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0108_1.JPG
    IMG_0108_1.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0109_1.JPG
    IMG_0109_1.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0110_1.JPG
    IMG_0110_1.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0113_1.JPG
    IMG_0113_1.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 42
Holy Crap!!! And I felt bad when I blew 2 head gaskets and cracked almost every cylinder between the valves on mine. Was the head gasket in the same location as the fried piston? Cant wait to see the turbo!!!:drama:

The head gasket was blown on#1. the melted piston was #7. The po had put the rad. out of a small gasser in it, half the thickness of a diesel rad. The good part is that the truck has a gm goodwrench 4l80e tranny with low miles.

Back