• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"Car code" scanner question...

great white

Reaction score
So, I've downloaded the program and am cecking it out.

I go to "test", then "GM", and I don't see the 02 L65. Nor is there a TDCO and "time set" option when I go to "enhanced", only a glow plug relay test.

Does it need to be connected to the cable/vehicle to have these options present?

Or has it been removed form the program?

Not buying it is it can't do timeset or TDCO anymore....

I need to manually hit right on the key arrow and then the Diesel engines come in, they don't fit in the window where I can select it with the pointer. Try using the Keys.

It hasn't been updated for probably 10 years :) Don't worry, it still does everything.

If someone re-wrote the GUI this program would be wonderful.

I need to manually hit right on the key arrow and then the Diesel engines come in, they don't fit in the window where I can select it with the pointer. Try using the Keys.

It hasn't been updated for probably 10 years :) Don't worry, it still does everything.

If someone re-wrote the GUI this program would be wonderful.

You mean the up/down/left/right arrows?

Tried them everywhere.

I only get "GM" in the drop down, nothing else...

for example:

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1-1.jpg

clicking request just has the program asking to "connect"

You need to be connected, that second pic is a Ford based screen that is default.

IIRC after pressing Test you click on Enhanced. Carcode will read timing and perform TDCOffset.

You need to be connected, that second pic is a Ford based screen that is default.

IIRC after pressing Test you click on Enhanced. Carcode will read timing and perform TDCOffset.

Ah, thanks.

That's what I thought was going on. It just didn't give me the options because it wasn't hooked up to the vehicle...

GW, you will have to purchase the right to use the software. There is a user ID that is needed before the initial connection.

Back