• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bump in road now no speedo or radio

CircleMFarm

Reaction score
Of course, my wife was driving it when it happened. This is a 2001 2500HD Chevy Gas. She hit a bump in the road and lost the tach, speedo, odometer, and the radio. Hit another bump and it came back alive, hit the next and they went off and havent come back on since. How are all these tied together?? I assume a connection is loose somewhere but have no clue where to start looking. Any ideas??

I think the answer here is obvious. You need to go out and hit another bump, then avoid all the rest like you're driving a lowered ricer.

on the back of the cluster is a plug with several pins, if this connection becomes loose, (not likely) you will lose portions if not all of you cluster. Since I had to replace mine once I didn't plug mine all the way in and had only partial cluster....But......it is possible the cluster its self is bad now, remove the trim and take the fasteners out and remove cluster. you will see the connection I am refering too, if it has alot of dust...(not likely) unless you live in the country and leave windows down all the time you could have caused a bad connection.....I think this is a easy fix, if you want to verify info just buy a scan gauge that plugs into your diags port and you can see rpm, mph, water temp....etc

Back