• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Browser hijack - Installed software when I clicked on Photo.

bk95td

6.5 nut job/addict
Reaction score
Greg, I don't know where you got the photo service you posted the pics on but it just took over my computer. Posted it's own icon and wouldn't allow me to delete. Now I get to run a full scan to remove the malware it sent.

Greg, I don't know where you got the photo service you posted the pics on but it just took over my computer. Posted it's own icon and wouldn't allow me to delete. Now I get to run a full scan to remove the malware it sent.

just click and drag to the right. or control alt delete and close your browers if ya have to. (damn i am learning way to much about puters :D )

just click and drag to the right. or control alt delete and close your browers if ya have to. (damn i am learning way to much about puters :D )

That will not stop the virus and take-over. That photo host is spreading malware or something worse. It made alarms go off on mine. I went through 2 computer crashes in december and don't ever want that to happen again. This photo host should be blocked. It put it's own programing into my computer and a Icon on the screen. Total BS.

I just accessed everything with mine, Barry ... no issues. I even had a process monitor running when I did it, but nada.

Are you using a proxy or cache service with your dialup? roadrunner or similar?

I just accessed everything with mine, Barry ... no issues. I even had a process monitor running when I did it, but nada.

Are you using a proxy or cache service with your dialup? roadrunner or similar?

nope. Nothing like that. It actually installed it's own software and put a icon on my screen. I've never had anything like that happen before. I'm waiting for the blue screen of death now.

nope. Nothing like that. It actually installed it's own software and put a icon on my screen. I've never had anything like that happen before. I'm waiting for the blue screen of death now.

That's what you get for running Windows.

Says the Windows Systems Admin as he posts from his Mac. :hihi:

Do you have any virus/malware software for protection?

Try to use a software called "crapcleaner", that is assuming the malware have not infected your computer which most of the time will not allow you to install a software to remove it.

I clicked the pics, it did not install anything in my computer. So the malware is already there in your computer it was just ready to be activated by something.
I am not a virus/malware expert though.

What does the icon say, Barry?

--can you uninstall using add/remove programs?
--can you go back to a previous restore point?

Back