• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brake lines

sodfarmer

Movin on up.
Reaction score
Just a heads up. On Christmas eve my truck developed a soft pedal that truned into no pedal. The problem was a leak in the rubber brake line that goes to the caliper on the passenger side. I inspected the drivers side and it also had rub marks. Worn about 1/3 of the way through. The stock rim rubs the brake line when turned to full lock. Everyone check your lines. I am luck that I was not pulling or going down hill.

Good luck.

Just noticed this on mine too. Its polishing a little bit of the upper control arm where the wheel is pinching it.....

Just noticed this on mine too. Its polishing a little bit of the upper control arm where the wheel is pinching it.....

My right one wore through at 162,000 miles with my left one not too far behind. The new ones are identical so I used a zip tie to pull them back so hopefully they won't rub.

What mine look like now..... both sides.

Attachments

• Pass side brake line 1.jpg
    Pass side brake line 1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 22
I had the same problem when a "competent" mechanic rebuilt my front end. When I replaced them I was able to adjust the slack through the clamp to make sure they didn't rub lock to lock.

The polish mark is from you wheel speed sensor if I am not mistaken. My brake line was rubbed ~4 inches to the right in your photo.

You're right. Went and looked at it just now. That might explain the random ABS/Check brake Light I keep getting..... :confused:

Back