• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brake flex hoses

it should all be straight forward, might have a caliper bracket that has to be removed to get the rotor off if going that far, but for the most part just use a small pry-bar to open the old caliper a tad to allow it to slide off easily. open the MC and keep it full allowing it to gravity bleed and you should be golden!

Might need some special tools like a torx socket for the bolts.

it should all be straight forward, might have a caliper bracket that has to be removed to get the rotor off if going that far, but for the most part just use a small pry-bar to open the old caliper a tad to allow it to slide off easily. open the MC and keep it full allowing it to gravity bleed and you should be golden!

Might need some special tools like a torx socket for the bolts.
I'm looking into ordering one of these Motive Bleeders.
Made in the USA.

Plan A.
Open the bleeder and force the fluid out.
Suck the rest of the fluid out of the reservoir and refill.
Cap the reservoir so the fluid drains slower.

Change hose and caliper - try to not be as painfully slow as I usually am.

Make sure the reservoir stays full.

Bleed side 1.

Go to side 2 and repeat.

it shouldn't bleed out that fast. leaving the cap off while you work should be good. it will take some time for fluid to start coming out of the caliper after the new one and hose is installed. you could even do one step further and have the new caliper and hose connected tilting it into a position where the bleeder is the furthest top position leaving it there until fluid comes out before sliding it onto the rotor and bolting it down. once fluid comes out, top off the MC and cap it, close the bleeder. then you should only need a couple of power bleeding sessions with a helper!

Checked on the Made in the USA one man Motive Bleeders.
The universal 2 quart kit is MVP 0260
The 4 quart kit is MVP 0390

From what I gather so far, both kits have the same adapters.
One's 2 quart and the other is 4 quart.

Hopefully I'll be done before it gets here and not need any of it.

Back