• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Boost Valve

red02

Reaction score
Is there any advantage of running a PPE boost valve or a Banks Big Head Valve? Currently Im running a shut-off valve for the wastegate so that boost can be built at anytime. Im only seeing 28 psi at full boost and Im not setting overboost codes unless Im pulling TT. Im just wondering if a PPE Valve or Banks would be better or help with pulling my travel trailer or all around performance.

Im surprised you only hit 28 with the WG shutoff. Usually it will go out of control and go well over 35 with enough fuel.

I would run a PPE boost valve as it is cheap and keeps the boost at or below 33psi max.

the banks is just a waste gate actuator, it only will allow a higher max boost. not sure what the ppe does, but i think it does the same thing, just restricts the amount of pressure to the stock actuator so it takes longer to open the waste gate and dump the pressure. niether will help you build boost quicker, just allow it to go higher before the pressure relief. as far as performance you would compliment the boost building better with a good tow tune that adds some fuel to light the turbo a bit quicker. then having something like the ppe will allow the boost to build higher and longer.

I run the PPE, and it works well. It is a fixed restrictor that slows the wastegate from dumping the pressure. I like the fact that I dont have to worry about overboosting the turbo if I dump the fuel to the motor. Well worth the $30, and you dont have to adjust it or worry about it coming out of adjustment. ;)

I know a lot of people will praise the KD boost valve because of its adjustability. I say why??

The PPE is allowing a safe max boost of 33psi. Why would you need to adjust within that??

If you look inside the PPE it makes the air in the line try to squeeze through a tiny hole, thus making it harder to build enough pressure and actuate the wastegate. Quite the piece of engineering if you think about it. Im surprised its a cheap as it is.

i Know A Lot Of People Will Praise The Kd Boost Valve Because Of Its Adjustability. I Say Why??

The Ppe Is Allowing A Safe Max Boost Of 33psi. Why Would You Need To Adjust Within That??

If You Look Inside The Ppe It Makes The Air In The Line Try To Squeeze Through A Tiny Hole, Thus Making It Harder To Build Enough Pressure And Actuate The Wastegate. Quite The Piece Of Engineering If You Think About It. Im Surprised Its A Cheap As It Is.

X2
get It!!!

Back