• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Boost and pyro install

lovemyhd

Reaction score
:sifone: Finally got the nerve to drill holes in my truck!
Installed the A-pillar (cover) dual gauge, Autometer Phantom gauges, #5704 Boost 0-35 and #5743 Pyrometer. Install went very smooth
Removed the right inner fender well, drilled and tapped the exhaust manifold, piece of cake! Removed the intake and drilled and tapped. .....again, piece of cake! The install was very simple and i'm pleased with the results. Took me longer to figure out where to run the lines through the firewall then it did with the entire install!!! Glad it's done though!
Now i need to block my EGR because when i took the intake off, it was NASTY! thick black oily carbon!:skep::mad:

A friend of mine had ordered the pod for me and it came in a plain white box so i dont even know the brand. It's the style that covers the opriginal. And it is a real nice fit.
I have the dark grey interior and had a hell of a time finding the right color paint, so i went to Lowes, to the spray paint section, and i ended up getting some Rustoleum dark grey primer and clear coat. After i used the dark grey primer, i was wiping it down to give it another coat and noticed that there was sort of a "dusting" on it, so i wiped the dust off, and it's almost as if the primer is a semi gloss and almost a perfect match for the interior. So 2 coats of primer, wiped it down and installed.
I'll get some pictures tomorrow. But i couldnt have, or should i say WOULDNT have attempted this without the DIY section. I had no idea where to drill for the pyro orthe boost gage!
I saw where someone had the boost gage tapped into the pipe from the intercooler, but when i took it off, i thought it was way too thin, so i did more research and found a pic from someone that tapped into the manifold. Took the manifold off and it was a piece of cake!
Screw it, i'll go take some pics now!

Heres a couple for now, hard to take pictures in dark....lol

101_0043.jpg

101_0046.jpg

Nice...Looks like a nice clean install. What color do they light up at night?

Now you need to block your resonator in your intake tract.

Nice...Looks like a nice clean install. What color do they light up at night?

Now you need to block your resonator in your intake tract.
They light up off white, but i'm thinking of just putting the green covers over the bulbs.
Whats the purpose of the resonator and what will the benefit be of blocking it? What can i block it with?

Not 100% on why to block it but I did mine with a 2'' test plug the metal one home depot in my area quit selling them so I got my from Ace hardware. It cost 5 bucks or so. takes about 2 min to do. It made my turbo alittle louder. Good to do whenever your rerouting your pvc.

Back