• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Black Betty

Lapinerice

Reaction score
Hi my names Annie and I am no where near a mechanic. I have a black f350 6.0 six speed 1C4521C9-F33E-4A50-9B4C-A6EFD5EC6099.png single cab. She’s been rude lately and I was wondering if I could get some onsite because I saw a similar post when I googled my problems. In the same spot twice now on my drive to work I have been in fourth gear and the rpms start to gradually go down no matter how hard I press the gas, I have to downshift so she doesn’t chug and the same thing happens in third second and first until I’m just sitting there in the road idling. I let it idle for a time and then put it in first and try to roll but she quits, I figured she was gelling up so I put that diesel degeller in it yesterday and thismorning when it did this. Then I gave it a minute to settle and tried to start it again. It turned over and shook and chugged but didn’t fully start a couple times but on the third try it usually starts and I did fine the rest of the day yesterday but today it started to do the same thing after like 200 ft but I was near a gas station so I just did a few laps around it in second so she’d warm up and she made it to work but barely. I hate going to a mechanic because they’re expensive and they don’t let me watch what they’re doing so I know how to fix it next time. Any input is great please and Thankyou.

Last edited:
Hi Annie, welcome to the truckstop.
If the temps have been below zero, it is a possible gelling problem.
Estimate how many gallons are in Your tank, then add that many gallons of number one diesel.
if that does not fix the problem that try changing fuel filters.
Please report back Your findings.

Ok I tried the fuel mix stuff and it wasn’t working very well so I went and got new fuel filters and me and my papa put them in which was messy bc I hadn’t had to do that before and the stupid cap was stripped but now she’s running beautifully, we as beautifully as she will in the winter. Thank you very much for you’re help I’m sure I’ll need more help next time she breaks.

Back