• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best Wide load sign solution for GMT400.

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I may be hauling a wide load for a guy for 2 bucks a loaded mile, so I am highly interested. :) what is the best way to rig up a wide load sign on a GMT400 pickup without blocking airflow?

how small can it be?

can I legally rig something up on a headache rack above the cab?

states traveled will be KS, CO, WY and ID.

any input appreciated, thanks!

I would make a sign out of galvanized flashing and hang it right below the nostrils. If that does not work I would get a vinyl re-use sticker going across the top of the windshield. You should also check with dot regulations to see what is legal.

Check with each state as far as the rules on how big the sign and the letters must be. I am sure there are some type of rules on the size and location of the sign.

Question, is this a one time haul or something you will be doing on a regular basis? I know most of the over sized loads I see have a thin material banner that drapes across the front of the bumper. It is thin and looks like it might have a certain amount of air flow through it. After your done transporting the load you can take it off and basically roll it up and store it away.

Something like the yellow vinyl ones on the following web page.

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Flatbed-Trailer-Products/Safety-Flags-Oversize-Banners?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=Wide%20Load%20Banners&utm_content=770397273&utm_campaign={BING-USCC%20Oversize%20and%20Wide%20Load%20Banners}

it would be used often enough to have a custom mount just for the GMT400s, as between all the trucks, I am sure we could use it a few times a year.

I am wondering about a small box beam frame that bolts to the frame that you can put a mesh banner on? unfortunately my tow hook holes are allready occupied.

we allready have plenty of mesh wide load signs, just they are all full size for the semi trucks.

I will look around and see if I can find some small mesh ones.

Back