• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"Battery not charging" on DIC

66FLH

"The Big Kahuna"
Reaction score
Last night after a 200 mi. drive pulling our camper I got in to start my truck and Battery not charging came up on the DIC.I shut the truck off,checked all of my fuses and connections.Everything was fine so I re started the truck ,revved it up and all was good.Took it out for a drive and it seemed to charge up fine.My batteries are still the originals.I'm wondering if it's not time to replace them.Any ideas?

I would just take them in and have them load tested and replace if bad.Maybe they are just getting weak.

Dad's truck said that a few times right before the one battery died at 20k miles. They replaced just that one under warranty, and now the older one killed the new one at 54k miles. So now it has optimas.

did you get a good set...
I bought a set of Two year free replacement batteries from Checker.They are made by Exide . Autolite Platinum Battery: 770 Cca.Seemed like a decent deal.I payed $68.00 a piece.They are all made by a handful of company's anyways.

Attachments

• 78-96p.jpg
    78-96p.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back