• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

B20 Fuel OK to use?

mmangels22

Reaction score
i read the owners manual the other day and it said it is ok to use B5 blended biodiesel in the duramax. in my area there is B20 and i want to use it but is it possible? some feedback please.

i know a guy with an LBZ that ran B20. He didnt have problems with it and fills up with it whenever he can. I think he leaves like a 1/4tank of #2 and then fills up on B20.

B20 will be fine.

B100 will be fine in the summer with frequent filter changes.

The reason GM doesnt reccomend it, is because there are some nasty bio diesels out there. If you get it from a co-op and it meets the ASTM standards, you can run all the way up to B100 with no problems.

X2 on durallymax's post....Just be sure to have a spare filter ready even running B20 in case it breaks loose some sediment and clogs you up...Should be fine after this if it happens...Just keep the fuel filter on a failry strict maint. schedule.

ok good info. i really didn't think that b20 would be so bad but just wanted to make sure

i was reading my diesel place mag the other night and i read that the current opinion on biodiesel blends by gas stations are not as advertised. So if you filling up with B20, you may only be using B10! Now, I don't know how true this is but if I were a gas station, I would be making sure this stuff doesn't clog up my customers! I am so far enjoying my B20 in my truck, no complaints yet.

The regulations aren't enforced enough on biodiesel.

To make you feel better, they are enforced more than the standards for organic farming.

The regulations aren't enforced enough on biodiesel.

To make you feel better, they are enforced more than the standards for organic farming.

Yep... like you won't believe what "free range chicken" is. They raise the chicks from eggs in the same chicken barns as the non-free range chickens... and then 3 weeks or so before they are slaughtered, they open up the barn doors anytime it's nice outside so the chickens can "free range". But, since they've never been outside and their food and water is inside... you guessed it, they never go outside.

Now - don't get me wrong. I think chickens are only surpassed in stupidity and low IQ by the domesticated turkey, which will literally drown if left outside in rain (when the rain hits the turkey in the head, it looks up to see what's hitting it on the head, the mouth automatically pops open, and rain goes into the mouth and drowns the bird). So needless to say I don't feel bad for the chickens, or turkeys for that matter.

Who I do feel bad for are the utter morons who have bought into the whole "buy only free range chickens" malarkey.

I yield the soapbox to the next poster... :rolleyes:

Yep... like you won't believe what "free range chicken" is. They raise the chicks from eggs in the same chicken barns as the non-free range chickens... and then 3 weeks or so before they are slaughtered, they open up the barn doors anytime it's nice outside so the chickens can "free range". But, since they've never been outside and their food and water is inside... you guessed it, they never go outside.

Now - don't get me wrong. I think chickens are only surpassed in stupidity and low IQ by the domesticated turkey, which will literally drown if left outside in rain (when the rain hits the turkey in the head, it looks up to see what's hitting it on the head, the mouth automatically pops open, and rain goes into the mouth and drowns the bird). So needless to say I don't feel bad for the chickens, or turkeys for that matter.

Who I do feel bad for are the utter morons who have bought into the whole "buy only free range chickens" malarkey.

I yield the soapbox to the next poster... :rolleyes:

:hail::rofl::popcorn:

well i have been making my own BD, Kinda new to it as i am to the whole diesel thing, BUT in regards to it, the BD is perfectly safe if it is good quality! as stated above it " cleans" the tank and carbon out from the petroleum that was being ran, SO do keep a filter handy as what ever breaks free from the tank will end up in the filter

Back