• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Automatic Headlights

BigDogYJ

Reaction score
Ok, I hate beating around a dead horse. But, here is what I am trying to acheive....
- Fully Manual Control of Headlights and Fogs.
- I currently have the all on mod, which I want to keep.
- However, i would like to still have the function of the DRL and Rev Lights to turn on when Unlocking the truck (at night or even during the day)
- If I have to make it so the DRL/Rev lights turn on during the day too, can I make it so the Dash/Instrument lights are turned off?

Let me know if that makes sense, It seems complicated for such a simple request...

I am going to keep looking at different wiring diagrams to see if i can come up with anything, but if any of you have any ideas, I'd like to hear em. Thanks.

I dont think you can retain your "perimeter" lighting when you disable your sensor. Your lights, after you disable your sensor, will be fully controlled 100% of the time, even in complete darkness.

Let me know if you need pictures of which wires to jump under the dash.

I think I figured out a partial solution. Someone on the old site setup a switch that interrupted the Headlamp Low relay so that everything functioned as normal (IE perimeter lighting) and manuallly turned off the low beams. I think I may start there and figure out something automatic later (IE time delay relay).
Thanks for tip unit. I found the pics u posted on the other site. I just need to locate the wire for the HDL relay (pink w/ white, I believe?)
Thanks.

Back