• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATS tuner for 05 LLY?

tinypeckerwood

Reaction score
My brother is currently deployed in Afganistan. He wants to get a programmer for his DMAX. He has asked me to find out what I can for him. I guess his internet access is limited this time around. He is on his last tour and will be retiring after this deployment, 21 year of service in the Army. His truck is an 05 2500 cc/sb 4x4 cai and 4" turbo back straight pipe w/ 6" lift and 35's. He looking at the ATS tuner.

Thanks Tiny

How much power does he want? Are you happy with your predator? Does he want a programmer or underhood control module?

I've never heard anything bad about ATS's tuner, then again, I've never read about anyone using them. I hear they can be expensive and they're a rebadged PPE.

I like my predator, no complaints at all. If I had the money for a trans, I would go for more. My brother had decided to get the predator , but was doing some looking and found the ATS tuner. He'll be in the sand box for about a year or so. He's just getting bored and looking at whats available on the market.

Its hard to compete with the Predator. Hypertech is also good on these trucks. I'm currently running it and ran it as well on my 04.5 LLY. I've run a bunch of different tunes actually.

If he's looking to get a high dollar tuner, PPE is the way to go. Those make ridiculous amounts of power.

WHave you two thought about EFI live? I would love to do it but I'm not interested in it for performance but more for the functions of it and what we can do with it. You two can split it down the middle and still be able to tune both your trucks. If I could do it all over again, I would've gone with EFI live initially.

Is your brother a member here?

Tell him to be safe and thanks!:thumbsup:

Not a member here, he is at the other place, but he doesn't go there anymore either. I will pass on the be safe, but he has a cush job. We don't have to worry about him too much. Its my other brother we had to worry about. He was/is a Ranger sniper in a striker platoon. He has since disembarked and lives in Hawaii. Don't see him much, I think hes still "decompressing" and can't/won't talk about it kinda stuff. Too much bad joo-joo in his head. It was too bad, they were offering him some serious coin and more rank to stay. He made it to staff sargent in 5 years. He was equal in rank to our older brother at the time.

Its hard to compete with the Predator. Hypertech is also good on these trucks. I'm currently running it and ran it as well on my 04.5 LLY. I've run a bunch of different tunes actually.

If he's looking to get a high dollar tuner, PPE is the way to go. Those make ridiculous amounts of power.

WHave you two thought about EFI live? I would love to do it but I'm not interested in it for performance but more for the functions of it and what we can do with it. You two can split it down the middle and still be able to tune both your trucks. If I could do it all over again, I would've gone with EFI live initially.

He has thought about EFI live, guess he changed his mind. I think he should go with the predator, but thats all up to him. He has not riden in mine, so he has no clue. He just sent me an email asking about the ATS. Kinda funny that he doesn't have time to research it himself. His usual job is all the communications and such.

Back