• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone towing with a 04 Hybrid pickup?

jmiller

Recruit
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experinces with the 04 Silverado hybrid and towing?

Will it perform similar to the comprable gas truck?

Plan to pull 24 ft travel trailer and various farm related items.

Whats the point from what I was told they get hardly better economy than a gas truck.

I think highway is the same, but city is a couple MPGs better. I would think it would be a good truck for jobs needing power tools, as the truck has outlets in the bed. (I think that GM tried marketing it towards construction for that reason)

that is pretty much the whole reason they did it. Supposedly it is the same as a standard, but the 1500's aren't that great for towing heavy loads. If you really want a power station like that, get a 2000-2005 D-max with the allison and add on a generator to the PTO housing. That will solve both problems.

that is pretty much the whole reason they did it. Supposedly it is the same as a standard, but the 1500's aren't that great for towing heavy loads. If you really want a power station like that, get a 2000-2005 D-max with the allison and add on a generator to the PTO housing. That will solve both problems.

Hell yeah, I like that idea!

Hell yeah, I like that idea!
I stole that off of Xtreme 4x4, they did that to an 08, but they had to put in a new trans, b/c Gm got cheap in 07 and made the Allison PTO non functional, they put in a non functional PTO gear, so they had a new performance trans put in an 08 GMC dually. I thought that it was sweet. they saved $20 a truck by doing that, cheap asses.

I stole that off of Xtreme 4x4, they did that to an 08, but they had to put in a new trans, b/c Gm got cheap in 07 and made the Allison PTO non functional, they put in a non functional PTO gear, so they had a new performance trans put in an 08 GMC dually. I thought that it was sweet. they saved $20 a truck by doing that, cheap asses.

I bet to get a working PTO, you had to order the 100 dollar or so optional PTO prep package huh?:crazy::sick::smilielol5:

a hybrid truck!!!!???? WTF?????!!!!!! why not just buy a powerwheels? POS Hybrids!!!! Biggest waste of sheet metal....BTW did you know a hybrid won't last longer than 150k miles? also after 7 years you need to replace the $6000 worth of batteries....get a diesel truck and run Bio if you are trying to save $$$$

Back