• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone interested in a FS-2500 Filter element group buy if I can arrange it?

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I am looking into trying to arrange a group buy for the FS-2500 bypass oil filter replacement element. Is anyone interested? They are listed at $28.95 each. Hopefully a group buy would be cheaper. A lot cheaper.

I am looking into trying to arrange a group buy for the FS-2500 bypass oil filter replacement element. Is anyone interested? They are listed at $28.95 each. Hopefully a group buy would be cheaper. A lot cheaper.

Are you a Amsoil dealer? if yes I wont get in your business. But, If your looking for a dealer I can sell these to individuals. Just let me know.

I'm about in need of some FS2500 filters. I ordered a case last time to get the cheapest price.

I have one left and it's spoken for.

I need at least one more FS2500 or Amsoil bypass housing and lines complete kits for the truck my son just bought.

It'll bhe a while before I need a 2nd filter. Have to see how things are going then. Last time I bought a case for a decent discount. Must have been a quantity of 24 filters - I'm guessing based on the size of the box. That was a long time ago when I ordered my 2nd FS2500

I think they are the only seller. They control the price. A monopoly.
You have to go directly to Filtration Solutions. But as you know already, more you buy, better the price.
I bought a case last time myself.

Do they sell a kit for the 6.5L, or do you have to make one yourself?
I do not know. When I bought mine years ago. it was kind of a generic kit.

I install a T in the return line from the engine oil cooler to feed the bypass filters and return to the engine oil fill neck. When you weld the nipple in the engine oil fill neck, aim it down the neck slightly and kep it as low as possible. Other wise you might have some splash if you open the cap with the engine running.

I usually tap the hole and install the nipple. THen pull up on the nipple and tack weld the top first

The mounts I definitely made myself. I posted pics of a few different mounts someplace here. I mount them all under the hood, because I do not like anything more than absolutely necessary under the vehicle.

I've ripped stuff off before and do not want to risk that

Back