• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any vehicle but this is a pickup - wreck diminished value damage multiplier and insurance arbitration ?

Get a lawyer who specializes in insurance claims. Do NOT go through arbitration with the insurance company who the claim is againt. To be blunt, arbitration, especially binding arbitration, is only a device used by Corporate America to **** the little guy as hard as possible. You agree to arbitration, you essentially give up all your legal rights and recourse and are bound by whatever the arbitrator rules/awards. Guess what, the arbitrator is chosen or paid by the Corporation you have a dispute with. To be blunt again, quit dinking around with the insurance company and get a lawyer.

At least get their opinion on the case first, before committing to hiring, and if possible go to more than one to get an opinion and find out their fee schedule they charge. See if they work off a percentage of the settlement or a flat fee. If a percentage, if you get full value less the lawyer's percentage of that for representing you, is what's left over for you enough more than what the insurance company is willing to give you now worth it?

Also, don't trust the insurance company representitive, even if it's your own company you're talking/writing to (hopefully you have everything in writing/email copied), to be telling you the truth or fully disclosing information. They are being paid to save the Insurance Company as much money as possible, the Insurance Industry makes billion$ a year by charging high premiums and paying out as little as possible on claims - either those against them by others or those by whom they insure.

Receipts for any work or uprated components You may have installed.
Insurance co once told me they was going to total a 93 GMC i once owned. Told them, okay I’ll jerk out the fresh rebuilt transmission and transfer case then they can pay me.
After showing receipts they decided to fix my truck.
Part of what Jody went/is going through with his motorhome fire. There was that recent Peninsular new P-400 custom build with centermount BW200-300 turbo and piping, Road Ripper custom built 4L80E and all the labor to remove/install the new drivetrain. Remember his thread on here? He probably had an easy $20K into the motorhome with that repower over and beyond its stock book value - and trust me, I was with him when he picked it up and drove it back from Reno as far as Lincoln with him - that was one damn clean unit and low mileage for its age unit.

I probably should have found a lawyer or paralegal that would help me early on for a small fee to start and retainer or something. Doubt I can back out of arbitration since I already filed. 20 yrs ago I briefly dated a farm bureau adjuster who told stories of lawyers getting involved in small claims and taking too much money.

I don’t have any mods but going to add a little for synthetic oil, expensive wax, bed mat, floor liners, and toolbox. Not sure I’ll get value for them. But I’ll try.

Part of what Jody went/is going through with his motorhome fire. There was that recent Peninsular new P-400 custom build with centermount BW200-300 turbo and piping, Road Ripper custom built 4L80E and all the labor to remove/install the new drivetrain. Remember his thread on here? He probably had an easy $20K into the motorhome with that repower over and beyond its stock book value - and trust me, I was with him when he picked it up and drove it back from Reno as far as Lincoln with him - that was one damn clean unit and low mileage for its age unit.
Yup. That disaster was a crying shame. That MH would/should have taken those folk to the end of their life cycles.

Back