• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another "on my way to work" story

saratoga

Unpaid Help
Reaction score
I rode the bike today, heading towards the entrance to the expressway and there's a sweeping right turn you have to take... passed a guy in the turn (in the other lane) on a chopped out harley- leathers and all, of course no helmet. He pulls up next to me in the same lane, got the loud obnoxious pipes thumping I look over and nod my head as if to say hello and he won't stop cracking the throttle. Won't even look at me. He wants to run and he's on my right in the same lane as I'm in :eek:

Light is about to change, he's holding the throttle open now and I have no intention in taking part in this. Light turns green... Mr. cool stalls it out. :rolleyes5: Only thing I can think of is that he was so anxious to dust my ass that he forgot to shift into first when he stopped. I rode away and he didn't even pull up anywhere near me again.

Holy crap that is awesome!! And then just take off reeaal slow. Jerry.

That's too funny! :smilielol5: Nice job Grady! Glad it was an asshat of rider that it happened to.

I love when someone at a light wants to race bad enough that they'll rev their engine up and keep looking at you. Those are the ones I always give a few cracks of the throttle in gear, makes the front of the truck rock side to side wicked bad. Then when the light changes I let them go tearing off like a moron while I just drive away easily, hoping there is a cop sitting nearby watching.
Not to say I won't play around at a traffic light, but it's almost more fun getting them all worked up then not racing them.

Back