• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another belt squeak thread...only Different (Dual CP3)

DmaxHawk

YOU BOYS LIKE MEX-I-CO?!?!
Reaction score
So shortly after installing a PPE dual fueler, the belt developed a squeak and slowly got worse. Now, when cold, the belt (im assuming its the belt) will squeak at idle and all throughout the rpm range. When she heats up, it'll only squeak at 2100-2400 rpms which was cruising speed while hauling a golfcart for 240 miles yesterday. Also kind of embarrassing to pull away from a stop light and once i reach that rpm to have a sharp squeak start up. Noise nearly drove me nuts yesterday. Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard that the Gatorback belt helped a lot of people solve their squeak. Do they make that belt that will fit my application?
Thanks in advance

Have you tried a different belt yet? I have had good luck with the Gaterbacks..

I've heard that they dont make the Gatorback for an LBZ with another CP3, that true?

the main belt is what runs the extra cp3, maybe the pulley is not installed tight enough, or the cp3 is cockeyed and causing it to rub. i'd contact the guys at ppe, dan i think. they may know better.

I have a gatorback for my Supercharger belt on my 3800 S/C with a 3.4 MPS, and it doesn't really help much over a conventional belt. If you can get one, great, but don't necessarily go out of your way for one. I'd look at a mechanical issue, and look at your belt and see if it's being worn down.

Check the alignment of the power steering pump pulley with the others. They're notorious for causing belt noises. That thing takes a lot of beans to turn, and isn't the belt routed in a straight shot up to the PPE CP3 from it instead of wrapping around like the stock set up (less belt in contact with it)?

Back