• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Allison Leaking Transmisson Lines

D

dieselholic06

Anybody know if they finally have a fix for these lines??

Mine are leaking and don't want to waste my time getting more leaky ones.

Thanks

Yes I did. Today. Took 4 hours and what a PITA! What's the hour total in the dealer books? I'd bet it's a good 2 1/2 to 3.
I didn't take out the CAC return line but pulled the air box, it's mounting plate, and the angle plate it's bolted to. Had no trouble getting the clip out but finding room to pull the line out of the radiator fitting wasn't fun. Took a good 1/2 hour to figure out how to get pulled down and snaked back out the rear. Putting the new one in is a bit easier since I pretty much knew how to do it by then. There just isn't any room to work on it. Took 4 tries to get the clip on the fitting and a good rap with a hammer and stick got the line back in there once I got the clip on. Fender liner was pulled 1/2 way back and front deflector was out and wheel was off. Lost about 3 qts of fluid total because I couldn't find a plug the right size in my batch of plugs. No doubt I'll find just the right one laying around soon;). The new crimp looks only slightly better than the old one side by side.

Here's what I know:
Get some spare clips. I didn't lose any but I can see how that could happen.
Put some plastic or vinyl caps over the ends of the new line so you don't get a bunch of crap in there when you're snaking it into place. I did that.
Have 3 or 4 qts of DexIV on hand before you start.
Have a few fender liner fasteners on hand (I did) because you'll ruin at least 2.
I could probably do it again in 3 hours or less, but I sure as hell don't want to.
No. 1 is if you don't have pretty good mechanic skills and experience as well as patience and tools, get somebody with experience to do it... Just don't ask me to:D
Noah, Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! For all your moral support and tips on how to do the job. Would have taken me twice as long otherwise...

Back