• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

All 8 replaced

WanaDmxSub

Recruit W/gray hair
Reaction score
Just got my truck back today. Not sure how they did it...but they used bad balance rates on 2 injectors to replace all under the special policy. Also said they had to replace the sleeves. I did ask any questions...just happy to get the truck back with new (rem) injectors. Only thing I told them was that it smoked at idle. But I knew the balance rates were off also.

Truck will turn over 70k this week.
I checked the balance rates today and they have never look this good..ever!

Truck will turn over 70k this week.
I checked the balance rates today and they have never look this good..ever!

Thats good, ive always heard everyone having bad luck with injectors, i guess ive just had really good luck, this is my second dmax and both have never been replaced. knock on wood...

Fuel system is 100% stock.
Fuel filter changed every 5k.
If this set last 4.5 years/70k like the last set (minus the 2 that were replace at 800 miles) that will put me out of warranty...time for more filtration...and maybe a lift pump:D

acording to the TSB
injector rate
fuel in oil
hazy smoke at idle

and a several other symptoms state ALL injectors get replace. the guys that have only getting a couple changed are getting screwed

where's your dealership at?? sounds like they were pretty good to work with, especially with all your mods.

i've got a lopey idle lately, i'm wondering if i have an injector or two starting to go. hopefully i can get as lucky as you with service froma good dealer.

where's your dealership at?? sounds like they were pretty good to work with, especially with all your mods.

i've got a lopey idle lately, i'm wondering if i have an injector or two starting to go. hopefully i can get as lucky as you with service froma good dealer.

paradise chevrolet ventura california.

i popsted both TSB for the INJ this a ecerpt about halve way down the mess
If fuel return flow on either the right or left cylinder bank is above the initial fuel injector bank return flow value, then replace all eight (8) fuel injectors using the Fuel Injector Replacement procedure in the Engine Controls section of the appropriate Service Manual.

Last edited:
Adam
Where did you read "hazy smoke at idle" in the TSB/Special policy? I don't see it.

Ryan
It takes me 1/2 a day to get the truck ready for the dealer and then another 1/2 a day to put it all back...

Last edited:
Smoke isn't one of the symptoms (but we all know what it means...:frown2:) for the special policy. If you follow the service manual it leads you down a different path to individual injector replacement.

Back