• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Aircleaner

FarmerJoe

Reaction score
Home made aircleaner. I took off the original airbox. Machined connection piece between intakepipe and cleaner. I made a holder for the connection piece, so that it will hold the element in the air.

Cleaner.jpgLeg.jpgAdapter.jpg

Element I used is Accel Kool Blue.

Nice but you need to cover it up so it sucks outside air through the hole in the fender or some other source.

You do not want to be sucking the hot under the hood air. That's really no better than having your PMD in there

I use the K47 air filter boxes. You could easily fab something as good or better and screw it to the fender so you would suck outside air through the OEM hole

I've got no use for the pre-K47 flat panel air boxes, They are about worthless

I prefer using the old elbow and the PVC. I have some aluminum couplings I am going to cut and weld to replace the PVC elbows. After I get all the things done that I have to do. Someplace I have the appropriate O.D. that the fitting needs to be for proper fitment inside the air filter and turbo elbow.

Could you post the dimension of the part that goes into the filter?

looks like he used to have the K47. No offense but essential what you did was make your intake worse. Your only sucking in hot under hood air and that hurts performance. The '97 and up trucks actually have a good intake setup, I installed one on my truck and it works great.

I like to use the older style elbows without the turbo muffler and custom elbows PVC - I'm working on building some aluminum elbows - As soon as I get some 3.75" O.D. aluminum tubing ordered.

Back