• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Airbox Question

HoytBows

Reaction score
I just replaced my air filter today, put a K+N in. I was messing with it and noticed that the box doesnt run into the fender like almost every other GM truck i have ever seen. There is a big piece of foil tape covering the fender hole and i can wedge my hand down inbetween and touch the bottom of the air filter. I went and looked at my buddies 05 but it is different and it does go into the fender. Did somebody change mine or is that how they come from the factory??

thats how mine is on my 03. Make sure to wrap that metal brace underneath the filter or over time the filter will vibrate and be ruptured by rubbing on it.

I just replaced my air filter today, put a K+N in. I was messing with it and noticed that the box doesnt run into the fender like almost every other GM truck i have ever seen. There is a big piece of foil tape covering the fender hole and i can wedge my hand down inbetween and touch the bottom of the air filter. I went and looked at my buddies 05 but it is different and it does go into the fender. Did somebody change mine or is that how they come from the factory??
I had a K&N filter in my '01 for a couple of months and I found a great deal of oil in the bottom of my box. This can be bad if that excess oil gets on the MAF sensor wire. I went back to the AC Delco filter w/ the box swiss cheesed. I also removed my snorkles that went form the fender into the box, but I did not cover the opening.

JP

Back