• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air bag recomendations anyone?

Farmdog

the 'Traveling Can' started here
Reaction score
I traded my 5'ver yesterday for one a bit larger. Air bags may be in my not so distant future. I welcome any suggestions from your experience and contacts (PM me) from any vendors among you.

AirLift bags on my truck for over 4 years now. I would buy them again!

Air lift helper bag kits fit and work really nice on the GM trucks, that is what we sell the most. Oh and they have some really nice in cab controller packages:thumbsup:.

Here is the link for bags on our site:

Air Lift Helper bags

I also run AirLift helper bags on my dually and 5er set up.

Nick

No , It should not be in the way....here is a pic of my truck:

attachment.php

Hope this helps,

add me to those who installed Air Lift Airbags on our former Chevy 3500 and was well pleased with them ... we also installed their on board compressor which was expensive but over time proved to be worth every penny

Jim

I just picked up a set Helwig bags - haven't put them in yet but they are very nice. The bags themselves are made in Germany by Continental and all the hardware and brackets are very heavy duty. Real nice set up. I bought an airlift compressor for them and plan to install them all this weekend.

Last edited:
Airlift on my truck. No fancy gauges or controllers. Air fittings mounted in the bed. Fill will onbourd compressor and tire gauge.

I put my helwigs in over the weekend. They went in very easily and they seem to be very well designed and durable but time will tell on that. I mounted the valve on the bumper next to my plate. The compressor is going in this weekend.

Back