• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ahh, the sweet smell of success: injectors

mfgguru

Makin' it better!
Reaction score
Well, today I finished the job! Yep, that's right, I finished putting in marine injectors today. I am not as fast as ChrisK, mind you but got er done. Did it without removing the turbo, wasn't even all that bad. The heat shield came out rather easy and the injectors were no problem. You just have to be patient. Well, in the mean time I bumped that stupid crossover quick connect and leaking we will go!:hurray: Well, I knew it was on the way out, so after I was done with the injectors, I took off the thermostat housing, peeled out the broken part of the fitting and spent 4 bucks on some 5/8 heater hose and a 1/2 thread by 5/8 nipple with hose barb and 3 clamps. Worked excellent!:smilewinkgrin: I put in new stats right away and flushed the coolant. I tell you, if it's not 1 thing, its 10! Well, I finished the job, and fired her up. It cranked for couple of seconds, then fired. Wow, what relief. No leaks at all! :hurray:The T-stats I put in are 180's and the operating temp is lower than before. I feel better somehow.

Results: The truck sounds different at idle, tighter somehow, crisper. I noticed throttle response is crisper and it pulls better at low rpm and shifts sooner. Seems to have better torque. I hope this translates to better mileage! I know a lot of guys have changed injectors and noticed very little to nothing, but I really noticed a difference.
Thanks everyone for input and all the previous knowledge shared here and other "Places"!
Time for Guages, Intercooler, TD07 and HP4! Anyone have any money I can borrow?:ihih:
Thanks,
Mike

good job, IO did notice an all around improvement when I changed mine, I put in standard Bosch injectors, though. And yes, it helped my milage

Didn't do a damm thing for mine. Truck sounds a little better but mileage remains the same.

X2 but then I was doing preventative maintenance on mine. Truck started a little harder at first as well but it was all good once I cleared another issue...long story:sick:.

Paul

Back