• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Aftermarket Radio Install-Alpine IVA W505

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've put together and article on how to install a aftermarket radio in your GM truck. In this article I've used the new Alpine IVA-W505.

There will be various adapters you will need to keep your factory Onstar and Bose speakers working, as well as your steering wheel controls working.

The Following is needed:

PAC OS2BOSE- For truck's with Bose and Onstar and to retain each other working. When using this, everything is plug and play. You just have to connect(wire in) your new stereo's wiring harness into one side the this adapter.

PAC SWI-Jack- Retains your factory steering wheel controls with a aftermarket radio

SCA-100 - Adapter for the Sirius programming into the radio (this adapter is for my radio specifically).

SC-C1- Actual unit for programming into the SCA-100

PAC TR-7-Allows you to play video and adjust audio and video setting in your unit. I would recommend this (although it is against the laws), it saves your the trouble of wiring the aftermarket unit INTO your factory harness under the dash

First. Start by removing the trim piece around the radio and dash. It just pops off, you will have to use some force. Set your parking brake and shirt the lever down to 1st gear to finish removing the trim piece from around the cluster.

DSC00105.jpg

Next, Begin by unscrewing the factory radio from the truck. Slide out and becareful not to pull to far, un clip the factory harness that's plugged into the radio and the FM antenna. Besure to save the screw that come out, you will reuse these for your new radio install.

DSC00107.jpg

Next, un-package your PAC OS2BOSE adapter and begin by wiring your after market stereo harness into the PAC adapter. The colors will match each other from on each harness.
DSC00110.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

^ Wire this into your aftermarket radio harness.

Next will be connecting your factory harness and onstar harness into your PAC OS2BOSE adapter. This is really simple, just plug them into it! :D

After connecting everything together, leave the pac harness you just wired up to your radio harness hanging with it plugged into the pac adapter. You'll find easier just to plug into the back of the radio while sitting it in the hole.

Next, take your dash kit and screw the to pieces into the side of the radio with the supplied screw from the manufacture. You can find these dash kit's a Best Buy. It worked great for me.

If your running a amp or any accessory you will have to drop your RCA cables behind the radio obviously, just keep feeling around back there, you'll find the hole ( a clothes hanger works well to guide everything).

After everything is connected into the back of the radio and the radio is screwed in place, your set! Install the dash trim and you'll be ready to go with your new radio!

A little side note: Turn on the truck and make sure everything works before finishing the install and setting everything in place. It's easier to fix now before you put everything back up

You can figure about a 4 HR job if your taking your time and being super careful.

Good luck and any questions feel free to ask!

Back